Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Johnnie's Testimony to his Fireman Father

I wrote this commentary above the FIREMAN posting so not to take away from that beautiful tear jerking "True Story"

My deceased Pop was Lt. Jack MacHaffie who served 30 years with the New York City Fire Department. He was a Blessing to our world, saved and comforted hundreds of lives in that crazy place called the Bronx.

I remembered the tears when you lost fellow fireman in the fires. But you all stood together doing a heroic job.

The "True Story" below showed the heart of the 'honorable' profession of Fireman.

And I can attest to this by watching my father's career of mercy to mankind.


GOD Bless all Fire Men & Ladies,


Pop, Lt. Jack MacHaffie - Miss You & Mom, June - Love Ya!

John MacHaffie - your proud son

Addendum
You are not going to believe this because I sure don't! I went to the gym and saw a big strong but elderly man working out with a NYC Bronx Fireman's t shirt on. Here in Florida --- curious I went over and chatted with him. Bob C worked with my dad - Engine 46 in the Bronx. We swapped stories and I was stunned. He was born the same year as myself and about 5 miles in the Bronx. Now what are the odds of this happening? WOW!

Thank You Pop

Thank You LORD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm moved with the story below, and I can see why John so proud of his father Jack MacHaffie. Fireman are hero's.